Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Rest!

The summer is winding to a close.
Several of my teacher friends have already begun the new school year. I am pleased to know I have a few more days before I begin that journey.

We decided to celebrate the end of our summer by spending a few days in a cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN. Due to scheduling conflicts, this has been the first time we've all been together on a family vacation since we moved to TN. five years ago.
Our oldest and his significant other drove from KY on Saturday to meet us there. We had so much fun!

We spent one evening enjoying the show at the "Dixie Stampede".
The food was great and the entertainment even better! Hubby was chosen to represent the south by playing a game of horse shoes with a potty seat.
We laughed and laughed!
He won a medal for his efforts. We were a proud family. :0)
One evening we spent in Gatlinburg, walking the sidewalks as tourists tend to do. We stopped off for Italian food.
Our family is "growing" and what a joy it is to be able to share a vacation with these young adults!
I am blessed and I thank God for His goodness!
Preparing for a new school year.
XOXO
Theresa

3 comments:

  1. did you take these pics with your new camera? They are very good. Did you get your new lens yet? I have been looking at them. WOW!!! pricey!!! I'm not sure I could capture the moments with my lack of computer skills, I may be even worse with the camera, but these look really good, except: where is Theresa? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw where you commented on my blog on March 27,---- I am sooooooooo behind. BTW-- how's your finger doing? I just bumped my head on the corner of an open drawer in my bathroom. got a big goose egg on my head right now. I'm so silly. Have a great week at school. I'm ready too. goodnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been looking at your website for your classrooms and projects at school. It looks GREAT!!! You did a really nice job!! Keep up the great work:)

    ReplyDelete