Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

13 weekend guests

Being the supportive wife that I am, I volunteered our house to accommodate 13(originally the total was going to be 21, including us) young women for the weekend. What a blessing! :0)
After two hard days of cleaning house, I began to make my grocery list for the food I knew I would need to feed those special guests. Opening up my refrigerator door I realized Diet Coke was probably not going to provide the necessary nourishment they would need for a long weekend of Bible study, Worship and Mission project.

A trip to the grocery store was necessary. Of course no one was home when I pulled in the garage so.....
after 3 trips to unload the van and another 20 minutes to put it all away, then..
it only took me 15 minutes or so to prepare a few treats to have ready when they arrived.
I know, I see those store bought cookies too, honestly, after the two days of hard labor (house cleaning), it was the best I could do. It was 10:00 p.m. and I still had breakfast to prepare!

Fast forward to 6:30 a.m. and I am dragging myself out of bed. How quickly I had forgotten the pain of getting out of bed prior to 8:00 a.m. I did indeed look like a sorry, still sleepy, barely awake human. :0)
Thank goodness, the breakfast casserole I made takes an hour to bake,
yes,
you guessed it! I turned the timer on the oven and plopped myself on the couch, thinking I would hear the timer when it went off and I could catch another hour of much needed sleep.
Obviously, God has a sense of humor, instead of falling fast asleep, I dozed in and out every 10 minute or so. With being in a dozing state when the timer goes off and not hearing it!
Thank goodness, I did awaken before the breakfast was burned. :0)
What did I serve?

Breakfast Casserole
Blueberry muffins with real blueberries added
Chocolate Chip Muffins with pecans added - Yum!
Chocolate Donuts, yes they came from the bread aisle
Fruit Salad
Milk & Juice
I think they were pleased.


I am going to be honest, they left at 9:00 a.m. for the day's activities and I went back to bed. I needed a nap!
When I awoke from the nap I did manage to prepare a Barley Vegetable Soup. Easy and quiet delicious.



What do you serve with Barley Soup?
Cornbread! :0)
Not just any old cornbread, it must be made with whole Buttermilk, yellow cornmeal and flour. The skillet needs to be HOT when you pour in the batter. Love to hear that sizzle!



20 minutes later, you are ready for dinner. Enjoy! :0)


That's what I did this weekend. Cooked and cleaned.
Thank you God for the opportunity! :0)
XOXO
Theresa







No comments:

Post a Comment