Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Run For the Roses!

Last week's teacher luncheon was a huge success!
I am always blown away by the creativity of my students. I love throwing out the challenge. watch them take it and then make it their own.

The theme for the luncheon was "Run for the Roses", playing on the KY Derby. We had recipes typical to Derby Parties.

They layered the tables with red fabric, and silver chargers. Notice the red "gems" arranged in the letters, KD.

The salad was wonderful! It was baby spinach with toasted almonds, fresh strawberries and made from scratch Poppy Seed Dressing. Oh my it was good! :0)

We also served; chicken Noodle Bake, Country/City Ham with Angel Biscuits, corn pudding and glazed baby carrots.



We had Kentucky Pie and Blackberry Jam Cake for dessert.


A sample of both was necessary!

We are having another luncheon tomorrow. Stay tuned!
I hope and pray you are enjoying this spring weather.
XOXO
Theresa







No comments:

Post a Comment