Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, it's Collllllllllllllddddddd outside!

What do you do when the weather is cold outside?
Make a skillet full of cornbread and a crock pot full of soup. Stay in the house by the fire and be happy you have 13 built in snow days and you still have 7 left!
We missed Wednesday, 2 hours on Thursday, and today. I spent Wed. with DD, she moved back into the dorm on Wed. night. I miss her and am ready for her to come home. Middle son doesn't leave until Sun. night for the dorm. It will be so quiet around our house next week.

I didn't even stick my nose outside today!

It was veryyyyyyy cold and I took that opportunity to declutter and organize the bathroom cabinet. I am always amazed how quickly things can pile up. I wish I had counted the tubes of toothpaste that I threw away due to expiration dates. There are 4 large tubes in the bathroom, the dates are good, we should have the freshest teeth in town.

I took a break from decluttering to go downstairs and make a skillet of cornbread. My new/old favorite kitchen tool is this old iron skillet. I've had it so long, I can't remember, but I haven't truly appreciated it's usefulness until recently. Dad Burton loves cornbread and buttermilk. I try to make him at least one skillet of cornbread a week. There is something about hot cornbread with butter, it is wonderful! :) If you haven't tried it lately let me encourage you to do so. If you don't have an iron skillet you really should get one. They are wonderful for cornbread and frying chicken. It's been awhile since I've fried chicken, but when I did, the iron skillet was the tool!

I pray you are staying warm on this cold January night. God bless!

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment