Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

30 YEARS!

January 1, 1979 at 3:00 p.m. my DH and I stood in a small country church and pledged to love each other through good times and bad.
What a journey it has been!
How quickly the years have flown by. We were young, in college, poor as church mice and so in love.
We celebrated by taking a short trip to Abingdon, Va., a quaint town full of history and beautiful architecture. While there we had lunch at the Martha Washington Inn Restaurant. It was delicious. The MWI building was built in 1832 and was the home of a family. It later became a college for young women, a hospital during the Civil War and now is a beautiful hotel and spa. The detail in the building is stunning. Original working fireplaces, hardwood floors, crown molding, and appropriate furnishings are seen throughout.


Standing on the front porch to welcome.



This is the courtyard out from the "Garden" wing.
The snow was an added bonus.


Winter Tablescape.
So the house doesn't feel so "lost" when the Christmas decorations came down, I decided to leave a few "snow" things out.
DH's Uncle and Aunt from KY are coming to church and then over for chili tomorrow.
I had fun setting the table and then taking pictures.



It is well past my bedtime. I pray 2009 will bring you blessings and peace.
XOXO
Theresa
P.S. The good times have out numbered the bad, the bad times helped to make the good times even better. I am so blessed. I love my husband dearly and am proud of the family we have. Thank you God!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa and it's so nice to meet you! Oh, what a lovely table you've set. I like that you've got a few wintry things still out! Don't you love the Blue Garland dishes? I need to use mine more often. thanks for coming to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelia,
    It is nice to meet you as well. I so enjoyed your tablescape. Keep setting those beautiful tables.
    theresa

    ReplyDelete