Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Black and orange!

It's that time of year.
The time when black and orange become prominent in the retail and decorating world. I love the bright orange against the shiny black. With that thought I began to search through my stash of fall decorating accents (without going outside to the "pod" and digging), to perk up my entry and dining room.


I found the ribbon in the top drawer of the entry chest. I've had these ribbon plates for several years. A gift store in KY where we lived before arriving in TN sold them. The large platter was given to me from my team of teachers. Every time I thread a new ribbon in that platter I am reminded of the sweet friends that I made while teaching.
I found the napkins in my napkin drawer (same chest).
I picked them up this past summer on clearance at Pier 1. I love them! The placemats were discovered at Belk's last week (they were having a sale!). I also found those beautiful orange/tangerine bowls at Belk's. They are Fiesta- ware and were screaming my name when I walked by. :0) I had no choice!
Tell me you understand?
The above owls were discovered in the hall closet,
the black polk a dot scarf in the laundry room, the small place card pumpkins were in the china cabinet (bought on clearance 6 years ago from Pier 1).

The vintage reproductions place cards were
bought at my favorite store here in Kingsport. I love the old-fashioned pumpkins and children.
I've collected scarecrows for years,
I can't remember where the napkin rings came from. They are so my favorites! I love how sweet they look against the cream Butler's Pantry plates. The black chargers were a find from Hobby Lobby. With the table set, I am ready for a chili party.
This is mid-term progress report time at school. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown! We will have parent teacher conference on Tuesday evening. I always enjoy meeting the parents of my students. I have tons of papers to grade and scores to record.
Have a great week!
XOXO
Theresa





2 comments:

  1. Blogs need like buttons like Facebook! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad. I left a comment, but as usual, didn't do something right and it didn't post. I forgot what I said, but I'm sure it was something like-- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the table setting. It looks so much like it should be in a magazine. Sure wish I was sitting at that table to have chili with you and your family. Enjoy the fall and the meals that come to this table.

    ReplyDelete