Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday, Monday

Imagine my surprise this morning,
while standing in the hallway at school, when I happened to look down and noticed my right foot. That wouldn't be surprising, if I hadn't noticed that I had on my blue/silver shoe.
I remember distinctly deciding to wear my gold shoes.
It didn't make any sense,

until I looked at my left foot, there it was- my gold shoe. I had been

dressed, for 2 hours, at school for 1 and had no idea I was wearing 2 different shoes! Had I lived only 2 miles away from school, I honestly think I would have left. Living 30 miles, I had to stop and think, would I come back? No. I took a deep breath, quietly, told my teacher friend, to look at my feet. We laughed, until tears ran down my face.

I said a prayer, begging God to help me keep a sense of humor. Went back into my classroom and pretended nothing was out of place. :0)

It was 4th period before a student asked me why I was wearing different shoes.

I wish I had said, " you get the candy bar of the day", but instead, I confessed.

We all laughed, and the world didn't come to an end.

How was YOUR Monday?

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment