Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Snow Days 2 - 9

My last full day of school was Friday, December 3, 2010.
Yep, winter has come to the Appalachian Mountains in a big way!
I spent snow days 1 and 2 organizing that horrible non walk-in closet.
Snow days 3 and 4 were spent sitting at school waiting for the fruit from Florida to arrive. Fruit had to be delivered, school or no school.

After missing 4 days we did go on December 10, one hour late. Which was perfect, as we had a prearranged community service project that we really needed to attend to. We took 43 students and helped the Salvation Army organize the Angel Tree gifts.
We have done various other community service projects, but I believe this one in particular was very rewarding. I am so proud of how hard the students worked to help make Christmas memorable for a child. :0)


Then winter storm #2 hit our area. This time, it brought snow on the first two days, then an inch of ice for the next two. Yep, I missed the entire last week of school due to winter storm #2 and #3.
What did I do with all this time?
I made friends with my sewing machine - it's been awhile since we've spent time together.

I spent time with this beautiful and talented young lady. We worked on a couple of projects that had been inspired by my time on the computer.

The coffee filter wreath is everywhere in the Christmas Decorations in blog land. They've looked so beautiful, I thought - I've got to make one!
250 coffee filters and 2 bags of glue sticks later, plus several burnt finger tips, we turned this..... You will have to continue reading to see what it turned in to.
We had a small party tonight for the ministry staff in our church. It was so much fun! We have the most caring and genuine ministers and I am thrilled to have them in my life!


Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, sprinkled with glitter dust. Yum!

Drum roll please........

Yes, that's the wreath we made with the coffee filters and glue sticks. I think it looks quiet elegant over my bed. It makes me happy!
Enjoy this Christmas Season!
XOXO
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment