Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blessings

God is beginning a new journey in the Burton Family.
After many hours of persuasion and prayer, the dear people below have graciously agreed to leave familiar surroundings and join us in TN. Please keep them in your prayers as they make this journey. We are overjoyed with the opportunity for us to spend quality time with them, no traveling required!
In order to make this transition as easy as possible, the attic space in our bonus room is being converted into a walk in closet. I am putting all pride aside when I show you the "before" photos. When we moved into this house, I'm afraid we were in a hurry to get settled and "dumped" the things we had no idea what to do with in this space. UGH!
This shot was taken as you first walk into the space and to the right.

This photo gives you an idea of the left side of the attic.

There are a lot of memories in this space. See that "My Size" Barbie? I can remember the Christmas Santa brought that doll. She really was the same size as the little girl that received her. Where has all the time gone? (I realize I ask this question a lot. ) That same little girl will be going back for her 2nd year of college life in just a few weeks.

Two very gifted and generous men in our church family( C., A's boyfriend, & his grandfather) began the tedious work this morning of turning that attic space into a closet.

I will show you those pictures later. They began at 9:00 this morning and didn't stop until after 6:00 this evening. I am worn out and all I did was make them a peach pie!

This story will continue for several days/weeks. We are hoping to have the major portion of the renovations completed before DH and Middle Son leave for Israel on a mission trip. Say a prayer! Pray for the people that are working, for God to give them good health, energy and strength. A million (ok, I'm exaggerating) trips have to be made up and down the staircase in order for the project to come together. I'm hoping that counts as exercise. LOL

Sending

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment