Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wonderful, Wonderful Vacation

We're home! I wish you had been with me this week. It really was the most wonderful vacation. Several years ago, my DH went to a minister's conference on Daufuskie Island.
He came back and shared how beautiful this place was and that we both were going the next year. I did, fell in love with it and we have made an effort to return each summer for rest and relaxation.
One of the cool things about this Island, which is just off the South Carolina Coast from Hilton Head Island, you can't drive to it. You park your car at HH and then ride a ferry for about 45 minutes.
My handsome husband on the ferry ride to the island. Once you sit down in that ferry you begin to automatically relax. You can see dolphins swimming in the water on this ride. We arrived on Monday evening, on Tuesday, the two beautiful people below came over.
We swam, the guys played golf, I read two books, I'll tell you about them later, and basically, relaxed. It was WONDERFUL!
They had to catch the trolly to catch the ferry on Thursday evening. DH and I didn't leave until Friday morning.
Did I mention how wonderful this was?
A and C are still in HH with his family and will be coming back tomorrow. She has her camera which has most of the photos we took.

I'm back on the homefront. I have a few days left before school begins. They are already filled with things to do, but that's another story.

God Bless,

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment