Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Prayers needed Please

Last Monday night an ice storm came through KY and left thousands of families without power. As all of my family and many friends live in the area that was hardest hit I thought I would share a little information. I found this photo from the Owensboro Messenger Inquirer.
I have talked with my Dad and Sister and they both have shared with me how serious the situation is. Please keep them in their prayers. They live in a small rural community and the entire area is without power. They are having to drive 40 or more miles to get gas. They do have a generator, but it requires 5 gallons of gas to run for 9 hours. I know a generator was flown in from Atlanta, there is now a shelter set up at the Methodist church using that generator.
My dad has a neighbor, 102 years old, she lives independently across the road. Her nephew came and picked her up on Friday and she did not want to go. She did go but is now in the hospital with pneumonia. There are so many elderly people in remote areas, my dad is working with the emergency crews checking on them. There are fields with power lines broken, which will require special equipment in order to even get to them. Due to the warm weather today, they are now in a flash flood situation. A cold front is suppose to come through tomorrow.

Please say a prayer for the situation. Pray for the electrical crews that are working in impossible situations. Pray for them to have strength, energy, wisdom and safety. Pray for the national guard that has been deployed to help. Pray for them as they are in an area with few if any hotels or accommodations. Pray they will have the correct equipment to help restore the community. Pray for the residents, wisdom and safety as they try to warm their homes, pray for courage and strength.


On a completely different note, please keep my in-laws in your prayers.
Dad B. is back in the hospital. Pray for the nursing staff, doctors and Mom B. as they care for him.
My heart is heavy tonight and I appreciate your reading this note and saying a prayer.
XOXO
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment