Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

YEP! I have it!


What do I have, you ask?
A fever,
SPRING FEVER!
It is early in the season to catch this particular ailment, I know. It came upon me slowly, out of nowhere! Last Monday I felt perfectly fine, the day was a typical Monday until around 11:00 and the principal came over the intercom and announced that due to the ice and snow headed our way, we were dismissing school early. I was feeling pretty good, had no trouble driving home and was looking forward to the possibility of a snow day.

My wish was granted.

And granted.

And granted.

And granted.

The fever hit me on Friday afternoon. I no longer enjoyed the cold, snowy days. I wanted to return to school and a sense of normalcy. The warmer temperatures and sunshine caused the fever in me to rage. By Sunday afternoon I wanted fresh flowers, a spring break vacation-the kind where you can plan a trip to the beach, and bask in the sun while reading a good book.

The cure to my fever may be a long time coming.

I understand the ground hog saw his shadow and predicted we will have six more weeks of winter weather. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, I know that attitude can be the key to a healthy recovery. I'm thinking the correct medicine will also be critical. Fresh flowers from the florist, or grocery store, plenty of light, hopefully it will be natural, but artificial may substitute, and a new project- I'm not sure yet what that will be, are the prescriptions that have healed me in the past.

What heals your spring fever? I wish you well!

XOXO

Theresa

P.S. Good news, power is slowly being restored to my family in KY. Last report, my sister and neice both have power and my dad is expecting to have it by the end of this week. PTL! Dad Burton has returned home and is gaining strength day by day. PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment