Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And the snow kept on falling

Day 1 : Thank you God for this beautiful snow day, you know I haven't recovered from my trip to KY and I need to take the Christmas decorations down, and I need to get all of those papers graded.
Day 2: Thank you God for snow day #2, I really meant to take the Christmas decorations down yesterday Lord, but once I realized how cold it was, I knew the snow wasn't going to melt and I would have another day. I know Lord, those papers are calling my name, I can't grade until the decorations are all put away.
Day 3: Thank you God for snow day #3, I managed to take down and put away all of those Christmas decorations. I feel so much better. Yes, Lord, I realize the "teacher crate" is still calling my name, but getting all of those decorations put away was all I could manage today.
Day 4 & 5: Thank you God for snow day #4 and #5. This cold weather was too much for the snow and it will not leave. Thank you for a school system that announced on snow day #3, that school would be closed for days 4 & 5. I now have the weekend to grade those papers, besides, the grade portal has been closed and I use the system for my grade book. Thank you for providing great Hallmark movies to keep me entertained. Don't worry Lord, I found out that I have an extra day to work on those papers.
Day 6: Thank you God for snow day #6. The beautiful white stuff that is falling from the sky is giving me much needed rest, I know when I go back I will need this extra sleep. Yes, those papers are still in the "crate" but, truthfully Lord, I just can't seem to find the motivation. I am so enjoying, resting and watching movies. Thank you for this restful time.
Day 7: Thank you God for snow day #7. I enjoyed spending time with my beautiful daughter, it looks like she may go back to college before I go back to school. I will say, I am beginning to worry about how this weather is going to affect the rest of my school year, especially the end - you remember I have a wedding to attend that last week? I trust you know best, and leave this beautiful white ground covering and all it brings in your care. P.S. Yes, those papers are still in the crate, I did move them into the living room to remind me of their importance.
Day 8: Thank you God for snow day #8. I know you are in control and you know best, but I thought it would help me if I reminded you I only have 13 snow days, and we are in Jan. Thank you for a media system that was able to text me about this snow day just after noon on Day #7. I realize you have given me the opportunity to stay focused on my family, and plenty of time to grade those papers. I am regretting that I was not wise with my time from snow days 1 - 7 and instead of relaxing with creative projects, I must get to that crate! I do appreciate the sweet movies and electricity. I do have one favor to ask, would it be possible for us to go back to school on Friday? As much as I've enjoyed my time, I do have several projects that need attention and I need to be at school in order to make that happen. Thank You.
XOXO
Theresa


2 comments:

  1. You are not alone...I have graded some of the items in the "school bag" but there is still more to do. These days have been a gift. I'll be glad to see you when I see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you always see good opportunities in ALL things. I hope all your requests become real and that you get to go back to school on Friday. Keep on seeing the good.

    ReplyDelete