Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snow Day 9

Snow Day #9: Thank you, Lord, for snow day #9, it was the most enjoyable yet! :) Honestly, Lord, I am beginning to enjoy this leisurely time and am afraid I will find it difficult to get back into the swing of "school" schedule. I so enjoyed my time with my middle child today. He and I had the opportunity to go out for lunch and discuss his plans for his future. Thank you God, for calling him into Your service. My heart is blessed when he shares his dreams and ideas for his calling.
Thank you!
Alas, all good things must come to an end. I appreciate your honoring my request to return to school on Friday. Going in two hours late is an added blessing. Please be with the students and teachers as we prepare to return to an academic routine. I almost went shopping for a "back to school" outfit, but realized it's been so long since I've worn professional clothes, they will all seem like new. :0)
Thanks again for loving me.
Amen

On snow day #8 I found myself in the Goodwill Store. While there I discovered a few treasures. For over a year now, I have been wanting a soup tureen. I really wanted a cream/white one, but the one that goes with my dishes is well over $100. I wasn't willing to fork out that much for something I would only use a few times a year.
Look what I found on the back wall! It was $9.99 and not a chip one on it! It is perfect! Sitting next to it was the sweet silver sugar and creamer set, $3.99. I am always on the look out for "special" serving pieces that I can use here at home and take to school for the students to use when planning their events. For $4 I couldn't beat it! The pretty pink candlestick was $1.99. Less than $15.00 total! Am I a bargain shopper or what?
OK, don't answer that!
Seriously, say a prayer for all of us in the education field; students, teachers, administrators and support personnel. It's been a while since we've all been together and we may need a little encouragement.
XOXO
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you God for unanswered prayers AND for answered prayers. I know you will have a wonderful time at school tomorrow (even if it's not a wonderful day)! YOU are a great inspiration to those kids AND to those whom you work with.

    I want to hear all about it over the weekend or next week when you have time. Before you know it you will be going to that May 20th wedding. Really, it will be here before you know it. So, get started on whatever it is you want to do for it; you KNOW you want to make special things for it.

    Have a great day and I"ll talk with you soon. Love, D

    ReplyDelete