Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Sis!


Today is my sister's birthday! I (think) remember the day she was born.
I was 7. I think it was on a Sunday - if not, I remember being at my grandmother's waiting for my Dad to come and pick up my middle sister and myself.
It was cold.
Over the course of the next few years, we taught her to spell, P-E-S-T.
Which when she said, 'I'm a P-E-S-T" upon prompts from us, was quiet hilarious. :0)
We were wonderful big sisters,
we would sneak off to play Barbie and build barricades to keep her out of our toys. We also made a rhyme with her name, I won't mention that one- but suffice it to say, it was something only older sisters could do. I remember the Sunday morning the offering plate came around and she didn't have any money to place in it, so she took her chewing gum from her mouth and sweetly placed it in the plate. While we thought it was extremely funny, looking back on it, I can't help but think of the widow's mite, how she gave all she had.
Due to work schedules, and locations, we are only able to be together about twice a year. This I regret, but with modern technology, I am able to communicate with her frequently. We were both on msn. messenger this afternoon and I was able to wish her a happy birthday. I am proud of her and how she is a positive influence on those around her. She manages a retail store in IN and is doing so very successfully. Her store has grown with leaps and bounds, considering the current economy, this is no small feat! Her leadership skills and her Faith are examples for others.
I Love you, Sis!
I wish I was there, but know I am asking God to bless you in a special way this day.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Bless my sister in a very special way this day and week. Give her strength and courage to keep walking the faith and making a difference to those around her.
In Jesus Name,
Amen
XOXO
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment