Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL

No photos tonight. I am trying to prepare myself mentally for a new semester. It was suppose to begin last Thursday but... due to snow in the mountains, we haven't returned to school from the Christmas break. I love my job, I LOVE teaching, but there is just something wonderful about hearing those words on the radio, "no school for.." and knowing you can sleep in. What makes this beginning so difficult is my honey is on vacation and my two yac(young adult children) have not returned to college dorm life. We have had a glorious time staying up late and sleeping without concern of an alarm clock going off. They will all be staying up late tonight without me and then sound asleep when I leave in the morning. Such is life.

On a positive note, our church focus for the year of 2008 is reading the Bible through. Due to cranky eyes, I have difficulty with reading texts these days, so I am going to be listening to it on CD. I have discovered the joy of listening to books being read aloud to me. It makes my 40 minute journey to and from school pass quickly and enjoyable. If you haven't listened to a good book lately, other than the Bible, I can suggest you pick up "The Christmas Promise" by Donna VanLiere. She not only wrote the book but reads it. She reads beautifully, and my brain allows me to see her spoken word as if it were a movie. If you aren't familiar with her work, she is also the author of The Christmas Shoes and The Christmas Blessing. Both of those books have been made into movies. Another enjoyable activity, watching good movies.

Well, as the saying goes, I'd better get to bed. Morning comes quickly! XOXO Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment