Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

ORGANIZATION

A dear friend of my m'n'l passed away this past summer
and she left a tremendous amount of sewing notions. Because of my love of sewing and creating my m'n'l passed the sewing beauties on to me. I was determined to organize before adding them to my sewing room. I always have good intentions to organize but never seem to find the time. LOL
For the first time in my adult life I finally have a room to call my own! I did let my oldest son sleep in there when he was home for Christmas but otherwise it is all MINE! I have been inspired by the beautiful studio rooms I have seen on the web. Anna Maria Horner, Heather Bailey and Portabellapixie are three of my favorites. I have listed their blogs on the side. If you haven't been to these sites yet, you should go! They are creative and inspiring young women.

Ribbon is always a dilemma for me. I want to see it but have yet to find a creative way to organize those beautiful spools. Upon observing the above mentioned studio rooms I thought I had found the perfect wrought iron piece at Hobby Lobby a few hours ago. My hubby was with me and he didn't find the piece nearly as ideal as I. We were looking through a magazine while there and no, the above picture is not what was shown in the magazine, but it did give me the idea of what I could do. This is my solution to organizing ribbon. I purchased enough materials to make two of these, but have discovered I need at least two more. I bought 2, 1/4" dowel rods for .39 each and a pkg. of wooden disks to place on the end. Now if I were really creative I could paint them, but for the time being I think they will stay simple. Those ribbons look gorgeous and ready to become a project.



No comments:

Post a Comment