Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

CTE OPEN HOUSE


This is the display of a few of the projects my students have done this school year. It was difficult for me to display only a few. I wanted to show everything they did. Can you tell I am proud of the kids in my classes?
They are the best!
We had a nice turn out by parents. I was thrilled with their willingness to stop their day and come by to visit their child's high school.

I have found the neatest website! It is http://www.joyofbaking.com/ I highly recommend you visit this site. All of the recipes my Foods class prepared for today were from that website.

The above tray is banana bread, no nuts, pecans are $9.00 a bag! Notice the filled strawberries in the back tray. I can't EVEN begin to describe to you how wonderful they tasted! The recipe called for mascarpone cheese. It is a little pricey, but ohhhhhhhh, it was worth it!

A close up of the strawberries.

Mimosa punch

I developed the above recipe. Honestly, it really wasn't a recipe, I just added things until I thought it tasted the way I wanted. It was 2 cans of frozen o.j., 1 large can pineapple juice, 2 cans apricot nectar, 1 box frozen sweet strawberries and ginger ale. It really was the perfect drink for all the bakery goodies.

I am so sorry that I did not get a close up of the apple tart. That's it between the banana bread and the pound cake. Because we only had one spring form pan in the foods lab ( I actually bought the last one at the grocery store just before this lab), we only had one of these. It went quickly and I have been told was absolutely the best. Recipes were requested, which is why I shared the above website. If baking is in your future you should check it out! We are going to try scones tomorrow.

All in all, today was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect, parents and administrators were complimentary and much was marked off my to-do list.

I do think it is early to bed for me tonight.

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment