Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time Flies!

It stands to reason, I should have more projects finished. School is out!
NOT!
I am teaching summer school. I love summer school. It is the time to teach in a relaxed setting.
I only have one more week.
Hopefully, I will begin to get caught up on a few things. Number one project I want to get caught up on is pictured below.
Before

We purchased this TV three years ago, Father's Day weekend when we moved into this house.

We love the TV but have struggled with something to sit it on. For a couple of years it sat on a Wal-Mart tv stand(it is not the chest you see above). While that served the purpose, aesthetically speaking, it left a lot to be desired.

We decided at Christmas we would look for an antique chest or sideboard for this purpose. A friend mentioned we should attend the auctions on Tuesday nights. He knew we would find just what we wanted, for a very reasonable price. Several Tuesdays, my DH attended the auctions, only to be out bid on every item by local antique dealers. This became very frustrating.

We brought down the cedar chest above, from AMB's room. Our TV has been sitting on that since just after Christmas. Memorial Day weekend, while listening to the radio I heard an advertisement of a furniture store going out of business. If you have any idea of my history with furniture stores you would probably begin laughing at this very moment.

Sure enough, we go to the store, I knew the minute I saw the chest, "This is it!" It had scratches on it, which was ok with me. The price was a little below what we had budgeted for the item, and I knew it would have a few scratches living in my house. When DH and CM went to the store to pick up the chest, they were told they had to go to the warehouse. DH told the lady, this chest has our name on it, she agreed, but said, he was still to pick one up from the warehouse. They bring home two huge boxes of furniture. One has a chest in it, the other the mirror that goes on the back of the chest. I really didn't need nor want the mirror.

When they opened the chest box, it was not the one I had picked out. It is beautiful, has no scratches and by all who had seen the one that was chosen, this one was a step up, quality wise. You see the efforts of DH and CM putting it all together.

CM came to the rescue. He not only has a great head on his shoulders, he also has a grandfather with a truck full of the correct tools. Within no time, they had cut a whole in the back of the chest for all the cords to go through. It took a little longer to get the surround sound hooked up, but CM stayed with the task until it was done!

THANK YOU!

I wasn't going to post these pictures until I had the after photos but due to my school schedule and a 4 day trip to Gatlinburg for a conference, I have not had a chance to get the new piece of furniture photo worthy. LOL

Part 2 of this story is the absolutely beautiful mirror that came with this chest.

You will have to keep checking back for that story.

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment