Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This and That

One day to go!  Are you ready? 
 I think I am. 
 Had you asked me this morning, I would have had to say....."may.....be".  
Ashley and I created the ornaments below for my student aids at school.  Our school colors are maroon and white.  I think they turned out beautifully!  
A few days ago, we had a visitor from California.  Southern California.
She was a little shell shocked from the rain and cold weather when she arrived.  Dad B. has a sister that flew in to visit for a few days.  We all had a wonderful time.

I wish I could take credit for this cake.  We were suppose to have a dessert party at our house last weekend.  It was canceled due to a death in our church family.  I had ordered this red velvet cake from a retired school teacher turned baker.  Honestly, this picture does not do this cake justice.  It was absolutely beautiful!  and tasty!  I can't remember if it had 5 or 6 layers.  We only were able to eat small pieces and I wisely froze the rest.  I plan on getting it out of the freezer tomorrow and having it with our Christmas Eve dinner.

What are your plans for Christmas Eve?  
We will be having a beautiful communion service at church and then returning home for dinner and the kids will open gifts to each other.
We will read the first Christmas Story and reflect on the Reason for the Season.
I am so blessed to live in a house of faith.  I pray you are enjoying a beautiful, faith filled Holy Day.
XOXO
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment