Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

485 DOZEN

Trust me, it is darker outside than this picture indicates! My morning began at 5:00. I did 10 deep breathing techniques, while praying, please Lord, let us sell all those donuts, before I ever got out of bed. If you remember from Monday, I thought I was going to pick up 440 dozen donuts. When I went to school on Tuesday, I found out I was mistaken, I was to pick up 460 dozen. I began to panic! The Business Teacher called KK and asked how many more did we have to order to have them delivered. They said 18 dozen, thus 485 dozen donuts were delivered at school before 7:30 this morning. I left my house at 6:15 so that I could be there when the delivery was made.
The above picture gives you an idea of the almost 500 dozen donuts. I won't go into any of the details, but due to miscommunication, we ended up with almost 80 dozen unaccounted for! I agreed to take 21 dozen with me to try and sell tonight. Students were helping me carry them to the van when the buses began to arrive. One of the bus drivers asked me what I was doing with all those donuts and I said, "Would you like one? $5.00 and it's yours". Those bus drivers were extremely generous. By the time I left the school parking lot, I only had 14 dozen left to sell.
I called H. and began sharing with him my "donut woes" to which he began giving me the "sermon" about why he "told" me it wasn't a good idea (Honestly, he was very supportive, but he did have a good laugh). I told him I was going to sit outside of the church and look pitiful and see if I could sell my other 14 dozen. I didn't have to sit outside in the parking lot, 6 sweet people ended up taking those 14 boxes off my hands.
I'm sure I will dream of donuts tonight!
I can't remember how many we have to sell tomorrow, I'm hoping it is only about 20 dozen or so. My friend and assistant principal suggested that I freeze the ones I don't sell and then when we have our "male beauty pageant" ( this will be another story) on Tuesday of next week, I take out the frozen donut, zap it in the microwave and slap a scoop of ice cream on it for "donut sundae"!

Biscuit making.

I thought you might enjoy seeing my Foods class in action. They made beautiful biscuits today.

I am tired. But with visions of donuts dancing in my head I should have sweet (NOT) dreams. LOL

PS. I can add, they ended up bringing 7 extra boxes which is how we ended up with 485 boxes.

God Bless

XOXO

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment