Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Formal Meals

While this group forgot to choose a "theme" they did choose lovely china, set the table correctly and prepared a wonderful meal. Somehow I didn't get a picture of this group all together. I'm sorry guys! The young lady in the background with the pink apron on saved the day. She and another group member were the only ones to be at school on the day before they were to eat. They pretty much carried their group's menu. Good Job!
I think they had fun. I know I enjoy this project.




Sweetheart Theme.


The afternoon FACS class did a fantastic job with their "heart" theme. One of their group members had to leave school due to a stomach virus. They pulled together and created a beautiful table and scrumptious meal. You may not be able to see the "sweetheart" candies that are in the bottom of the vase. Way to go!





I have the students in my FACS class to do a formal meal as their final in foods. I am always thrilled with the attention to detail they take. The above table is a "Bridal" theme. Notice the heart shaped cakes with the monograms. They created those for their place cards. How original. The students below worked on this table display and menu. They invited 2 guests and I think they did a fabulous job!
This group chose a "game" theme. Unfortunately, 2 members of their group were out sick. The students below rose to the challenge and prepared a tasty and delicious meal. The table was beautiful. They dipped the glass rims into colored sugar for an added touch. Good Job!

Candy theme. Can you tell? This table was so "sweet"! LOL Seriously, I have included three photos of this table in order to help you get a full spectrum of how they set their table. The place cards were extremely large jaw breakers. They found markers with food coloring in them and wrote their names on each jaw breaker. They then placed the jawbreaker into a cloud of cotton candy! It was so cute! They tied ribbon to the stem of their glasses, dipped the rim into colored sugar and had a vase full of jelly belly's and large lollipops. Notice the spring wrapped Hershey bars encircling the vase? Again their creativity always inspires me! I love my job!



The group of girls below are the ones responsible for the "Candy Table". Great job girls!

2 comments:

  1. I woke up and couldn't sleep. Now I can go back to sleep with sweet dreams. The table settings look beautiful!! So nice to see teenagers appreciating the "finer" things in life. Be sure and tell your students what a wonderful impression they have made on a fellow teacher.
    Really nice kitchen. Love all those cabinets!! Wonderful job, Mrs. Burton. Great reviews for the teacher. Enjoy the rest of this school year! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will share with them. They really are great kids. I knew you could appreciate all this work. Seems like yesterday when we were having meals in the Home Management Class. UGH! I NEVER thought I would use those skills. LOL Live and learn. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete