Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Guess Who is Having a Birthday!

Hey Son, it's your
BIRTHDAY!

He was three months old in this photo.

The photo below is his first birthday! Wow! How time has flown.

Do you see him sitting in those plastic balls with a pacifier in his mouth?

below

The story behind this photo, He was almost 2 years old and we were on our way to FL. for the first time. I had taken away his pacifier several weeks prior, but he continued to ask for it. The minute his carseat was buckled around him, he began to scream at the top of his lungs for a solid hour, "I want my pacie". Finally, I couldn't take it any more and told his Dad to pull over at the next stop, and said "I didn't care if he got married with the thing"! Well, his Dad being the wise, wonderful man he is, replies, "I can see it now, "With this pacie, I thee wed". He was VERY attached to that pacifier. When his baby sister came home from the hospital 1 year later, he gave it up on his own and never asked for it again.

He was content as he could be on that trip, once he had a pacifier.

Moral to the story, sometimes it is necessary for sanity's sake to give in to the demands of a two year old.

This photo was taken in 1998. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown.

He is a wonderful son and a pleasure to be around. He has a little more college to complete and then plans on going to Seminary. He feels the call to the ministry. I am so proud of him. He has a sense of humor that I envy. He brings joy to all those around him and is very entertaining when he chooses. He is working as a youth intern this summer. This is a perfect "fit" for him. It allows his strengths to shine through.

Happy 22nd Birthday Son!

Thank you Jesus for sending me this son 22 years ago.
He has blessed my life and those around him. Bless him on this "special" day.
In Jesus name.
Amen
XOXO
Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment