Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

25 YEARS!


25 years ago on this date,
the small bundle in this picture entered our world!
6lbs 11oz

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

He was born on Derby Day in Lousiville, KY. His dad was finishing up his first year of graduate school at Southern Seminary. It was actually the week before finals!

He made me a mother the Saturday before Mother's Day. I was so "happy"! They rolled him into my room on that Sunday morning with a red rose taped to his bed. I immediately fell in love. He was more than I could imagine.

He was 3 in this picture. He loved strawberries and was absolutely the sweetest young boy anyone would want to be around.

Dad did graduate from Seminary.

15 years later and the "bundle" was graduating from high school. How time flew!

He has since graduated from the University of Kentucky and is working in real estate in Lawrenceburg, KY. He works hard, is focused, and a joy to be around. He has entered adulthood with grace and wisdom that some 40 year olds don't have. I am proud to be called, "Mother".
Happy Birthday, son. I love you very much! I pray your day is filled with wonder and blessings. You changed my world on that rainy Saturday, 25 years ago, and I am thankful. God Bless!

Hugs and Kisses

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment