Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

FCCLA STAR Events

Last Friday, ten students and myself rode on a bus to East TN. State University. The students are members of the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. Through this wonderful organization students have opportunities to participate in leadership activities. The students pictured below competed against other schools in the Northeast TN area.
I don't have the vocabulary to share with you how proud I am of them!
They undertook projects that many adults would have no clue how to begin. They came to school early, stayed late and worked every spare minute in order to complete their chosen project. One student, not pictured arrived at school on Friday morning with 102 degree temperature. She was so committed to her project she had to see us off! I sent her home with wishes of quick healing and my prayers that I nor any of the others would "catch" that fever!
The great news, all students did really well. Eight of the original eleven will be representing Northeast TN. Region at state competition on April 8 in Nashville.



I have other things to share with you, unfortunately, I have early duty in the morning and I need to get ready for bed.
I pray you are staying warm on this cold winter evening.
Spring will be here soon!
XOXO
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment