Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Event Planning

My Family & Consumer Science class and the Spanish class went on a field trip yesterday. What fun. We integrated the lesson plan in order to involve more students in the understanding of different cultures including their own. Both classes created ornaments to place on a tree for the public to view. If you happen to be in Elizabethton you can stop by the Festival of Trees located by the Sycamore Shoals Hospital to see our creation.


When I arrived back at school I went into my classroom to see how the day had gone. The guest teacher was full of praise of my classes. I knew I had the BEST students! What was so amazing to me was how they had continued to work on their project. I had one student to greet me at the door to show me that she had made cloth napkins and denim placemats for the event they are having next Thursday. I was so proud! They are beautiful and I can't wait to show you the photos of this event. I also discovered that another group had taken the time to embroider their monograms onto their cloth napkins. The attention to details amaze me! I am blessed to receive a paycheck for what is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment