Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Field Trip

Today FCCLA and FBLA members went on a field trip to the National Guard Armory. 38 students worked diligently to prepare 650 small food boxes and 100 large food boxes for needy families in their community. They had the opportunity to deliver the boxes to 50 residents in an assisted living apartment complex. Students shared with me stories of how the residents invited them to come back for cookies and visit. As the bus pulled away from the apartment complex the residents were standing in their windows waving good-bye. I observed students waving back and thought to myself, "this generation of young people have a heart of service." That's a GOOD THING!
I have a couple of sewing projects to be working on. I'd better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment