Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

It was Beautiful!

Students designed this board as a welcome to the guests that had been invited.
Dessert. YUM! It was a chocolate gooey cake with peanut butter. They swirled caramel for the garnish. It was perfect!
The main course, well part of it. Guests had a choice of Taco Soup, or Loaded Potato Soup or a sampler plate. This is a picture of the LPS. They also had a choice of grilled cheese, chicken salad croissant, or egg salad croissant sandwiches.
This was taken as you enter the door into my new room. There are almost 20 students working down this line as a perfect team. The front group is making the croissant sandwiches. Can you see the slice of tomato for a garnish?
The appetizer salad. I'm afraid you can't see the beautiful garnish, but they made lemon curls, jello salad on lettuce. The salad was sitting on the table waiting for the guests as they arrived. I have more pictures, but the site won't allow me to upload more than this at a time. I will show you more tomorrow. I really wish you could have been there! We evaluated the event today, the students and I, they want uniforms (or t-shirts) and want to give our team a name. I can't wait to see what they come up with. The newsman told the students that they planned on running the article in Sunday's paper. This has been a hectic but rewarding week for me. Thank you for your prayers. I felt them!
XOXO Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Momma T it looks like your putting that degree to good use :) Can you cook some dinner tomorrow....I also have some dirty clothes that need washing if you don't mind ;) hahaha i'm just kidding Mother Theresa have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You ARE living dangerously! You forget, I TEACH! I will be HAPPY to give you cooking and laundry lessons. It will make a good man out of you! Let me know your schedule and I can arrange a great lesson for you.

    ReplyDelete