Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

True Love

Last Tuesday my darling H. went to the dentist ( he is going to have an implant). While there the dentist shared with H. that he recommends his patients use water piks instead of dental floss. Less stress on the gums. With that information, I decided it would be a "perfect" gift for my honey for valentines. LOL Our daughter was appalled that I would consider that a romantic gift. I told her I was concerned about her Daddy's health and this was the "perfect" gift. On valentine's evening, H. gave me my gift to open and inside the package, yep, you guessed it was a water pik! I had a stunned look on my face and he began immediately saying that A(daughter) tried to talk him out of it, that she thought it was a sad romantic gift. He said it was only part of the gift, the other was pieces of a dish set I have been admiring whenever I walk into Belk's. This is the first time in all of our years of marriage that we have gotten each other the same gift and had no clue that we had. True Love!
P.S. I'm not wild about it, but he loves his. LOL

We had the opportunity to entertain friends this weekend. It was so much fun! It reminded me of when I was in college and had to prepare appetizers as well as the meal. I decided to have a small appetizer (seen above). It was pretty good. Simple but tasty.
A.'s boyfriend arrived before our other guests so I put him to work. I gave him the camera and asked him to please take pictures. A was still upstairs getting ready. LOL He was a good sport. He always is! I found those pink placemats and napkins at TJ Maxx our first summer here. I loved them immediately and the price was right! The plates are white and I used the pink tulip shaped glasses I found at Belks's last year.
This vase belonged to my mother. I love the simple pink roses in that odd shaped vase.
You can't really see the "pagan" tree. I bought this white feather tree our first spring here in TN. I decorated it for Easter. My minister H. immediately titled it "pagan" and the name has stuck. I used it in the dining room at Christmas and moved it to the entry hall for February. I found vintage valentines at Hobby Lobby and placed them on the tree. It looks so sweet. I love that little tree!

I am headed to watch "Extreme Home Makeover". The story is about a young blind, multi disability young man in Louisville, KY. He plays the trumpet in the marching band for the University of Louisville. It is an incredible story. The courier journal has this story on their web page. Go check it out!

xoxo Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment