Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Today is my Dad's birthday. He is the young man on the left in this picture. We took this at Christmas with all of his grandchildren. The beautiful baby is his great-grandchild. How quickly time flies. He is my hero. I admire his faith, commitment and relationship with God. He is the 5th of 6 sons. I realize I am biased but I think my dad is special. He is the head you want in an emergency situation. He worked for the state of KY for years in the mining division of first aid and safety. While he is officially retired from the state department, he continues to consult and teach when he finds the time.

He still lives on the farm that he grew up on. The house is different, he built a new house across the garden from the old when I was in middle school. He and his wife Pat work in their church, they keep an eye on their 101 year old neighbor (who still lives in her home), they garden, and when the grass growing season is upon us you can not believe how much grass they keep mowed. He has been a deacon in that church for more than 40 years. He is a perfect example of the Biblical "Deacon".


My sisters and I consider ourselves "Daddy's girls". He has given us unconditional love and as a testimony to his life all three of us and our families are active in our local churches. Again, he provided the role model. I love you Dad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment