Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

So Proud!

This past week was an extremely busy one. For those of you that I've talked with, you realize I felt extreme pressure waiting for the UPS man. He was suppose to deliver FCCLA items 2 weeks ago. Circumstances being what they were, he brought my package at 1:00 on Thursday afternoon. That was the deadline. A cheer went up by myself and students when the secretary announced over the intercom that my package was in. You had to be there.
In case you were wondering what FCCLA stands for: Family, Career, Community Leaders of America. The name was FHA prior to 1997 or so. This organization has a long tradition of preparing young people for leadership roles in their community and families. As a part of this leadership experience students can participate in many different events, called STAR events. I had 10 students to take on this challenge. My daughter, her roommate and my dh all volunteered to be judges for the category I was responsible for(thank you!). Hence, the above picture. My sweetheart of a daughter took that photo as I was giving a pep talk to my students.
The above young ladies are the BEST! I am so PROUD of them! They rose to the challenge and met high expectations. I am hoping to raise enough $$ to take the entire group to Nashville, to the state leadership meeting. It is a wonderful experience and I don't want them to miss out.
As much "fun" as I had last week preparing for that huge event, I was completely worn out by the time I arrived home on Friday afternoon. I walked into the house and immediately put on my pj's. It was so nice! The house was quiet. Our church had D-Now for our youth and all of my crew was involved with that activity. I took the opportunity to recoup from my week, do laundry ( I even did the kids since they were busy with church), and learn to make hearts. My dh asked me last night what I was going to do with all those hearts and I told him, at the moment it was the challenge of learning to read a pattern. I was quiet proud of myself!
On a prayerful note, the daughter of my friend left this earth yesterday morning. Please pray for her family. Jesus, please send comfort and peace to Terri's family as they adjust to the loss of their daughter, mother and grandmother. In Jesus name, Amen.
XOXO Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment